January 23 Weekly Open Thread
Last chance to be on our blog! Our Cars will run next week and this is the last week we will be accepting reader submissions. For those unfamiliar with this, Our Cars is our semi-regular reader-powered feature in which readers are invited to share the stories about their own cars that they have loved and despised over the years. Car Lust's contributors will likely chime in as well, but this is really about our readers sharing their own stories.
Most of our Car Lust contributors began their career with this blog by contributing Our Cars posts. If any of you are interested in contributing to this blog, Our Cars is the way to start.
If you're interested in participating, here are some suggested steps and guidelines:
- Choose a car (or, I suppose, multiple cars) with which you actually have some personal experience. Ideally, this would be a car that you personally owned, but it's possible to put together a great Our Cars post on a car that you drove regularly (like a friend's car, a company car, or a parent's car).
- Tell the story of why you found that car interesting; the more the car interests you, the more it will likely interest the rest of us.
- Don't feel bad if the car you'd like to write about isn't a supercar; most of us find everyday cars as interesting, or potentially even more interesting, than exotic hardware.
- Include some pictures to help us follow the story and appreciate your car. Ideally, they would be pictures of your actual car, bu representative images are fine as long as you credit the source.
- E-mail your piece to us using the "E-mail Car Lust" link in the right column of the blog under Car Lust Contributors. We'll take submissions through January 27.
- If you're looking for some good examples, read this, this, and this. Or, simply browse through all of our Our Cars posts; the farther back you go into the archives, the more reader-submitted posts you'll see.
--Amazon Automotive Editors.