Weekly Open Thread: Top 10 Movie Cars?
Popular Mechanics has its list of the Top 10 Movie Cars of All Time. In order, they are:
10. James Bond's 1964 Aston-Martin DB-5 [edited] from Goldfinger
9. James Bond's 1975 Lotus Esprit Series 1 from The Spy Who Loved Me
8. The 1977 Pontiac Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit
7. A 1932 Ford Coupe from American Graffiti
6. Marty McFly's 1981 DeLorean from Back to the Future
5. Steve McQueen's 1968 Mustang GT 390 from Bullitt
4. The 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T from Vanishing Point
3. The 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon from Mad Max
2. Batman's Batmobile/Tumbler from Batman Begins
1. A 1970 Dodge Charger from The Fast and the Furious
Apart from the obvious absurdity of not including the actual Best Bond Car Ever, a few on that list have made it to the heights of being blogged about here. I'm not sure if I'd include the Batmobile as it's not even a production car but, eh, whatever. I can think of a few obvious Car Lusty ones, such as the Pacer from Wayne's World, Flounder's brother's '64 Lincoln Continental from Animal House, Jake and Elwood Blues' '74 Dodge Monaco, and the '58 Plymouth Fury from Christine. There are some others that made their name on TV before hitting the movies (e.g., Starsky's Torino) but those were made more famous initially on the small screen, so I don't really count those. I feel certain we can come up with a few more.
Credits: The Pacer photo comes from OnScreenCars.com.